Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 175

Thread: Series Thread : England v West Indies Test Series 2012

  1. #121
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,612
    oh ***** please

  2. #122
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Yeah Inswing. Surprised Aussie kids like you can swing it though.


    Don't make me point out how many more tests we've won than you guys have.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  3. #123
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,007
    Blog Entries
    20
    "Hello, I'm Aussie and I can't move it off the straight because I don't shine the ball. Herp derp"

    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post


    Don't make me point out how many more tests we've won than you guys have.
    I do find it funny how 2 of the last 3 ashes we've won have mainly been because we're better at shining the ball than you.
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  4. #124
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,612
    1. Mitch 2. Siddle 3. **** u

  5. #125
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    "Hello, I'm Aussie and I can't move it off the straight because I don't shine the ball. Herp derp"



    I do find it funny how 2 of the last 3 ashes we've won have mainly been because we're better at shining the ball than you.
    Well in 2005 it was because you were better at abusing the sub fielder rules and ball tampering. In 2009 it was because the weather wanted to save your asses in 2 of the 5 tests.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  6. #126
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,007
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Piethepker View Post
    1. Mitch 2. Siddle 3. **** u
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...ry/479256.html

    Herp derp.

    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    Well in 2005 it was because you were better at abusing the sub fielder rules and ball tampering. In 2009 it was because the weather wanted to save your asses in 2 of the 5 tests.
    'Urghh what's this thing called swing? Since I don't know the answer I'll just assume the ball is going dead straight and leave it"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQpJdFLzdc

    Herp Derp!
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  7. #127
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...ry/479256.html

    Herp derp.



    'Urghh what's this thing called swing? Since I don't know the answer I'll just assume the ball is going dead straight and leave it"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQpJdFLzdc

    Herp Derp!
    You mean like @ 2:35 here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Qq5LK6QME

    Oh and the one before that, the ball didn't even need to swing for KP to let it hit his off stump.

    Herp Derp!
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  8. #128
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,007
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    No I mean every other one in that video, which usually consists of Hussey or Clarke leaving it and getting bowled.

    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    Oh and the one before that, the ball didn't even need to swing for KP to let it hit his off stump.

    Herp Derp!
    KP probably expected Hilf to swing it. Silly KP has too high expectations for the Aussie trundlers.
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  9. #129
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,853
    What about Strauss then? And it's not our fault if you guys constantly tamper with the ball to make it swing around corners is it?
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  10. #130
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,007
    Blog Entries
    20
    Struass is one of the worst leavers around to be honest, bizarre for an opening bat.

    Yeah how dare they put their saliva on the ball, even after the umpires said it was OK. they should stop listening to the umpires and start listening to Ponting. He probably swore at us and the 7 year old kids in the stands about the Murray Mints too. What a Prick!
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  11. #131
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,853
    ^ saliva? Don't get me started... mint juice, bottle tops, razorblades. It's all fair game to you poms, you guys have no standards.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  12. #132
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,007
    Blog Entries
    20
    Why do you always come up with such bull **** to defend Australia? When did we use bottle tops, where is the evidence?

    Seriously though you talk about our inability to play swing, but your inability to play deliveries that moved in the air was very strange considering many considered your side to be the best ever.
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  13. #133
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,853
    Well we all saw Anderson tampering with the ball on camera in South Africa, and Broad standing on it because it wasn't doing anything. Quite obvious that you guys tamper with the ball because you can get it to reverse swing pretty regularly. You'd be surprised how rife ball-tampering is, some people are really good at hiding it, they have a little tiny piece of sandpaper somewhere that nobody would notice, that sort of thing.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  14. #134
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,612
    For my practice balls i get scissors and chisel on one side just to kill the batsmen in the nets

  15. #135
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,007
    Blog Entries
    20
    Reverse swing is easy. I do it regularly be accident, it's a natural thing.

    The footage is incredibly debatable in SA, why do you think SA didn't file a complaint?

    Quote Originally Posted by Piethepker View Post
    For my practice balls i get scissors and chisel on one side just to kill the batsmen in the nets
    Still better than using Murray Mints though
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  16. #136
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,612
    ive never go a ball to reverse

    then again i only get 2-4 overs a game( Everyone does)

  17. #137
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,007
    Blog Entries
    20
    I do play on some very dry and abrasive surfaces though.
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  18. #138
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,443
    I find it hard to bowl a heavy ball while a light ball, I swing it miles with a backspin. Today, with a light ball, bamboozled the batsman with a yorker... which went on in a woobly way to hit the batsman's toe... magic delivery.

  19. #139
    squashed.bugaboo's Avatar
    squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwicket
    Posts
    6,638
    Holding lashes out at WICB and Otis Gibson at treatment of WI seniors Gayle, Sarwan, and Taylor.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/current/story/566042.html


    Excerpt:
    He is available, yet the WICB are still putting out press releases saying there are residual matters to be dealt with. What residual matters? It is supposed to be cleared [up], so what residual matter is there now?" Holding told the Jamaica-based SportsMax Cable network. "People responsible for West Indies cricket do not want Chris Gayle in the team."
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

  20. #140
    Rager's Avatar
    Rager is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    32,443
    Quote Originally Posted by squashed.bugaboo View Post
    Holding lashes out at WICB and Otis Gibson at treatment of WI seniors Gayle, Sarwan, and Taylor.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindi...ry/566042.html
    Hello there News Reporter...

  21. #141
    Binning's Avatar
    Binning is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    38,503
    Bugoo the Reporter

  22. #142
    squashed.bugaboo's Avatar
    squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwicket
    Posts
    6,638
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    30,275
    England ponder resting Anderson

    It is a measure of England's pace-bowling resources that speculation surrounding the naming of their squad for the third Test against West Indies centres on the possibility of both senior quicks being rested. The prospect may not please either James Anderson or Stuart Broad but with England 2-0 up and the series already won, Andy Flower and the selectors are already looking at challenges to come. Such is the unrelenting nature of the international schedule these days.

    More: http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-...ry/567092.html

  24. #144
    CSB's Avatar
    CSB
    CSB is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,853
    This whole resting fast bowlers business is retarded. They get injured so often because they don't bowl enough overs. (Sounds like a paradox I know, but think about it). The more overs they bowl and the more REGULARLY they bowl, the more they're developing the fitness that is needed to ACTUALLY BOWL (as opposed to building up mega-muscles in the gym). Unless they're showing signs of injury all the time (like Ryan Harris for instance), I say let them bowl as MUCH as possible. (Within reason).

    tl;dr: Resting bowlers when they're fit is stupid.
    Forgiveness lies too deep to be vanished away.

  25. #145
    squashed.bugaboo's Avatar
    squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwicket
    Posts
    6,638
    Sure, they can afford to.. why not?
    KingAmon: "Duh! Can somebody tell me, what is this about?"

  26. #146
    Binning's Avatar
    Binning is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    38,503
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverDrive View Post
    England ponder resting Anderson
    I posted this in the match thread before even reading this here

  27. #147
    Cabinet96's Avatar
    Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26,007
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    This whole resting fast bowlers business is retarded. They get injured so often because they don't bowl enough overs. (Sounds like a paradox I know, but think about it). The more overs they bowl and the more REGULARLY they bowl, the more they're developing the fitness that is needed to ACTUALLY BOWL (as opposed to building up mega-muscles in the gym). Unless they're showing signs of injury all the time (like Ryan Harris for instance), I say let them bowl as MUCH as possible. (Within reason).

    tl;dr: Resting bowlers when they're fit is stupid.
    You've gone for the very old fashined view point there, I see CSB. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but bowling is a very unatural and stressful thing to do. I don't mean to sound patronising, but it's kinda hard to understand without playing the game. I'm 15, yet I still feel knackered if I bowl a lot of overs over the weekend. Anderson has bowled 110 overs this series. That's just insane. I'd be dead if I bowled 20 overs over the weekend!
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

  28. #148
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,612
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    This whole resting fast bowlers business is retarded. They get injured so often because they don't bowl enough overs. (Sounds like a paradox I know, but think about it). The more overs they bowl and the more REGULARLY they bowl, the more they're developing the fitness that is needed to ACTUALLY BOWL (as opposed to building up mega-muscles in the gym). Unless they're showing signs of injury all the time (like Ryan Harris for instance), I say let them bowl as MUCH as possible. (Within reason).

    tl;dr: Resting bowlers when they're fit is stupid.
    It depends on some ones body really, someone like Shane Watson probably needs to do that but someone like Ryan Harris does not

  29. #149
    Binning's Avatar
    Binning is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    38,503
    Harris always get injured man

  30. #150
    Piethepker's Avatar
    Piethepker is offline Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where you want me to be
    Posts
    16,612
    24/7 has he ever got 2 tests together?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast