Thread: Any ideas for a new cricket game on console?

nickysnakes is offline County Cricketer
    $CF

Any ideas for a new cricket game on console?

I recon EA SPORTS should make new one, with better quality graphics,more leagues like IPL.
    Lets heat up the debate!!

Binning is online now Super Moderator
    Yea they should do the game on all the big leagues like IPL,BBL,CL,FPT20.

$CF
    International cricket 2010 was OK but county teams from all around the world should be in it, I keep going back too EA Cricket 07

That one is still awesome man, I play it all the time.

$CF
    I still play it, the best cricket game they have ever done.

Cabinet96 is offline Coach
    Blog Entries
    It's so frustrating when you know you yourself could make the game so much better. International cricket 2010 is good and I play it regularly but it can be improved in so, so many ways.

For example you can't play cuts, you always hit it in the air and as it's usually a congested area of the field you get caught. When you bat as a left hander the camera angle gives a delusional feeling that deliveries are wider than they are, meaning you get bowled trying to leave or play through the covers when it's hitting middle (as if Cook would leave a straight one ffs.) The batsmen can play back or forward to anything. I bowl a leg stump yorker and they rock back and hit it over point for six!

The oppo is so dumb. I did 5 ODI's against Australia and bowled them out 4 times. They kept hitting Yardy to cover ffs. When they were 100-6 of 20! The bowling is always the same. No 6th bowler is ever used, therefore, devaluing all rounders. Bowlers always bowl in the same pattern in ODI's. The two opening bowlers bowl 4 overs each then the next 2 bowl 4 etc...If someone gets smacked it doesn't change!

The bowlers have pattens when they bowl as well if a guy bowls short, they bowl their next 2 deliveries short as well. It's the same with full deliveries. Oh yes and the lengths are weird. Good length is a bit full, there's one bit where if you bowl a half volley it's a good ball etc...

The computer can't play quality spin!

Reverse swing happens at the same time, whether on an Indian dust bowl or a lush green English day.

They need to get people who really understand cricket to get the gameplay right. Could do with motion capture as well, which would make bowling actions batting techniques so much more realistic.

The game is too easy as well. I smash everyone on the hardest difficulty.

Off game needs to be improved a lot as well. They need domestic competitions as well and co do with bigger rosters. For example the game came out in June but it didn't have Kieswetter in (who made his England debut in February) if they had bigger rosters and domestic squads I could add him no problem.

Another thing is the player attributes. There is so little info there it's ridiculous. You get 5 skills for batting and bowling which you can edit. Suresh Raina is just as good at pulling as Ricky Ponting (I want to bounce the Indian's out FFS) Everyone players spin as well as Laxman etc...All players have the same mental approach as well as a result. I.e. Alastair Cook and David Warner play the same way.

They can create more fun game modes as well. Anyone who has played Fifa will know how good the manger mode is (I don't think I've ever just played a random game on Fifa) and they could do the same thing. Obviously doing a league season with a county/state would be great but they could do being a country for a few years and even have player growth. I.e. younger players getting better and older players getting worse. You could run academies etc...to develop your younger players (even do scouts in South Africa for England ) You could even run an IPL like system where you buy players for a practical world XI.

Anyone who has played Fifa will also be aware of the be a pro feature were you are just one player and can have a career. That would be an awesome thing to implant. You could play a international season with Sachin Tendulkar or create yourself and build up from a 17 year old trying to get a country contract to an international star. When you begin captaining you can decide the batting order etc...

Would love there to be genuine stats during tournaments, i.e. top run scorers, best bowling average etc...they're can be newspaper headlines as well.

It's so frustrating because EA had the off game things quite good, but there gameplay was so repetitive and unimaginative. They're were 8 shots for ****s sake! You couldn't place the ball! Codemasters are the other way round!

I would personally rather they didn't make a game for a couple of years, but gave it their best shot, really did everything they can to make it great instead of say, releasing one in a while that's only slightly better and still very buggy.

My dad thinks that in the future there will be really good cricket games because India are developing their economy etc...and as cricket is so popular their, they will make a good game. I hope so.

WOW! Sorry guys. Guess I needed to get something off my chest Wow!
    Playing left arm spin better than the national side, since the age of 12
    Kallis a minnow basher you say?
    FTB you say?

Whatta post man

Blog Entries
    That has been bubbling inside of me since EA cricket 07 came out. 804 words for the record.
    FTB you say?

Blog Entries
    It just bugs me how EA make such an incredible game in Fifa but do **** all to make a good game for Cricket

Oh and I missed something.

They need to get full rights to all the teams, kits etc...just gives the whole game a much better professional feel etc...You can change it yourself (I do) but it's a lot of effort and most people wouldn't want to do it.

The player rating are just so off though it's ridiculous. Gibbs is a better bat than Kallis. What the **** is going on?

------------------

The bowlers bowl such a bad line when you are a batting with the opposite hand to that of the bowler they bowl on you pads 24/7. One ball out of a 100 goes wide of off stump. Of spinners bowl a foot outside off stump to right handers 6th bowlers get used early in a test match and the 3rd and 5th bowlers used don't bowl again until the second day.

Suppose there was a bowling attack off: Pattinson, Hilf, Siddle, Watson and Lyon. Siddle and Watson would bowl 7 overs each in the first 70 overs, while Michael Clarke will bowl 10 and get spanked.
    FTB you say?

squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Holy smoke! You're off on a rant here, Cabi! Has anyone tried the N-Power game on cricfire? I hate it when they bowl those wides down the leg side and don't even give you an extra ball to play!

$CF
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    It's so frustrating when you know you yourself could make the game so much better. International cricket 2010 is good and I play it regularly but it can be improved in so, so many ways.

For example you can't play cuts, you always hit it in the air and as it's usually a congested area of the field you get caught. When you bat as a left hander the camera angle gives a delusional feeling that deliveries are wider than they are, meaning you get bowled trying to leave or play through the covers when it's hitting middle (as if Cook would leave a straight one ffs.) The batsmen can play back or forward to anything. I bowl a leg stump yorker and they rock back and hit it over point for six!

The oppo is so dumb. I did 5 ODI's against Australia and bowled them out 4 times. They kept hitting Yardy to cover ffs. When they were 100-6 of 20! The bowling is always the same. No 6th bowler is ever used, therefore, devaluing all rounders. Bowlers always bowl in the same pattern in ODI's. The two opening bowlers bowl 4 overs each then the next 2 bowl 4 etc...If someone gets smacked it doesn't change!

The bowlers have pattens when they bowl as well if a guy bowls short, they bowl their next 2 deliveries short as well. It's the same with full deliveries. Oh yes and the lengths are weird. Good length is a bit full, there's one bit where if you bowl a half volley it's a good ball etc...

Reverse swing happens at the same time, whether on an Indian dust bowl or a lush green English day.

They need to get people who really understand cricket to get the gameplay right. Could do with motion capture as well, which would make bowling actions batting techniques so much more realistic.

Off game needs to be improved a lot as well. They need domestic competitions as well and co do with bigger rosters. For example the game came out in June but it didn't have Kieswetter in (who made his England debut in February) if they had bigger rosters and domestic squads I could add him no problem.

Another thing is the player attributes. There is so little info there it's ridiculous. You get 5 skills for batting and bowling which you can edit. Suresh Raina is just as good at pulling as Ricky Ponting (I want to bounce the Indian's out FFS) Everyone players spin as well as Laxman etc...All players have the same mental approach as well as a result. I.e. Alastair Cook and David Warner play the same way.

They can create more fun game modes as well. Anyone who has played Fifa will know how good the manger mode is (I don't think I've ever just played a random game on Fifa) and they could do the same thing. Obviously doing a league season with a county/state would be great but they could do being a country for a few years and even have player growth. I.e. younger players getting better and older players getting worse. You could run academies etc...to develop your younger players (even do scouts in South Africa for England ) You could even run an IPL like system where you buy players for a practical world XI.

Anyone who has played Fifa will also be aware of the be a pro feature were you are just one player and can have a career. That would be an awesome thing to implant. You could play a international season with Sachin Tendulkar or create yourself and build up from a 17 year old trying to get a country contract to an international star. When you begin captaining you can decide the batting order etc...

Would love there to be genuine stats during tournaments, i.e. top run scorers, best bowling average etc...they're can be newspaper headlines as well.

It's so frustrating because EA had the off game things quite good, but there gameplay was so repetitive and unimaginative. They're were 8 shots for ****s sake! You couldn't place the ball! Codemasters are the other way round!

I would personally rather they didn't make a game for a couple of years, but gave it their best shot, really did everything they can to make it great instead of say, releasing one in a while that's only slightly better and still very buggy.

My dad thinks that in the future there will be really good cricket games because India are developing their economy etc...and as cricket is so popular their, they will make a good game. I hope so.

Very in-depth view, nice to know your view

Rager is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post

WOW! You crazy fck!

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by squashed.bugaboo View Post
    Holy smoke! You're off on a rant here, Cabi! Has anyone tried the N-Power game on cricfire? I hate it when they bowl those wides down the leg side and don't even give you an extra ball to play!
    HAHAHAH yeah! But you can usually hit that leg side ball Don't let it go :hehe1:

------------------

I love playing Ashes 2009! Same bugs as Cabi described - can't play cuts..they get caught The bowling line and length is so ****ty! Sometimes the bowler bowls 6 full tosses in an over But I still like to play Ashes 2009..beautiful cover drives

Rager is offline Coach
    I love playing Ashes 2009!
    Such a beautiful game... I prefer to play on easy level. Love hitting sixes every over. My record = 720 runs in 30overs. I lost the patience to go on to face 50 overs, lost all my wickets.

$CF
    Who prefers Cricket 07 rather than Ashes 09 and International cricket 2010?

I do.

$CF
    I like Cricket 07 because you get to play in county championship.

Rager is offline Coach
    Ashes 2009 > Cricket 2007

To prove further, 2009 > 2007.

Right side < left side, hence Ashes 2009 is greater than Cricket 2007.

Proved.

^ calm down there engineer!

Rager is offline Coach
    QED.
    Q.E.D.

Correction

squashed.bugaboo is offline International Cricketer
    Yep... pre-emptively deleted so nobody would shout spam

Rager is offline Coach
    That wasn't spam. That would mean they have no knowledge of the saying QED.

My math professor used to yell out, "QED" whenever he proved something in his math lectures. Amazing Scottish fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post

Proved.

Blog Entries
    Cricket 07 is buggy to be honest. I don't think it's as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post

Proved.
    FTB you say?

Rager is offline Coach
    You really need to get your act together. If you are face palming this, you probably won't have the computer you are using right now.